Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Letter To An Ex Friend 2

Dear Ex-Friend,
We were at one time best friends.
I was your friend in elementary school when you were missing your four front teeth because all you would drink is apple juice. I remember we were obsessed with Mary-Kate and Ashley.  I even forgave you when you let me get blamed for stealing when it was you. I didn't tell them.  I was a true friend.
I was your friend in Junior High when you had your first boyfriend and when you broke up with your first boyfriend.
I was always there for you when you needed me but where were you when I needed my best friend?
Where were you when we transferred to the highschool and I was all alone? When I would talk to you you would turn away from me and talk to someone else. I didn't exist. I wasn't cool enough I guess. You abandoned me. But I forgave you.
Where were you when we moved away from homeand started university? I'd always invite you out but you would never come, unless there wasn't a better offer. You would come visit me when it was convenient or you needed me to do something for you. I finally gave up and stopped inviting you but i missed my friend. I forgave you.
I texted you.
We were finally going to meet after one year of not speaking.
We were going to meet for brunch. I showed up and you weren't there. I just assumed you were running late.
I texted you and you never texted me back.
I waited and waited...
The waitress came over and asked me if I had been stood up. I said no my friend is coming she's just running late...
I waited an hour and then i phoned your house but you weren't there either.
I finally gave up and left.
I gave up on you, who phoned me two hours after we were supposed to meet because you slept in. If I was really important to you you wouldn't have slept in. You would have been there ten minutes early.
Like I was...
We used to know more about each other than anyone else.  We did everything important together and we loved all the same things. You would record Buffy so we could watch it together when I came over after school.  But now it is time to say goodbye and let go. I'm letting go of all the love, hate, hurt, anger, and any other feelings I ever had for you.
I was only so angry because I loved you so much.
I have given up on you now and there will be no second, third, or fourth chances.
But there is forgiveness.

Your Ex-Friend,
FD

No comments:

Post a Comment